We began by looking at photos using the thinking routine, "I see, I think, I wonder". This helped us to think of some great questions!
We then read a book that made us think differently. We discovered that scientists are people who learn about how the world works. We said that we do this ALL the time! Maybe WE are scientists!
Last night, Tom went home and decided to learn more about how peppercorns and salt can mix with water. He brought along his experiment to school and we all did just the kind of thing that scientists do - we looked closely, we asked questions, we wrote down facts and worked together.
Tom even inspired conversations about how we could test his ideas in different ways. Thanks for sharing with us, Tom!
This afternoon, we explored the Grade One Science Village. Again, we recorded what we saw, thought and wondered.







No comments:
Post a Comment